Are you an independent affiliate marketer? Do you have your own blog or affiliate site? Do you work under an affiliate marketer? If your answer any of the questions above with a yes, then you probably have asked yourself this question – can affiliate marketing make you rich?
The answer is, yes and no. Affiliate marketing doesn’t require much investments. You can start with zero money, but you’ll need to be hard working and patient. There is no absolute guarantee that you’ll become rich by doing this. There is no loss either. You’ll either earn or learn.
The answer is not that simple. But trust me, I’m not being vague. I’m trying to give a clear idea, rather than uplifting you with false promises.
There is an unpopular saying, “In life, there are no shortcuts.” The same can be said about affiliate marketing. You cannot and you will not get rich overnight in this field. You have to work hard, and you have to be consistent.
This does not mean there are lesser opportunities here. There are tons of ways you can earn money with affiliate marketing. With a little luck, your efforts will be greatly fruitful.
In this article, I’m going to debunk all the myths about affiliate marketing, and whether it can really make you rich or not. Let’s start with what affiliate marketing is.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a model of advertising. A third-party affiliate marketer such as yourself may promote a product/service. This promotion generates traffic that eventually leads them to those products.
In this way, every time anyone makes a purchase through your content, you get a commission. You create revenue for the companies, and they incentivize you for your services.
Now, if you are a completely new in this industry then I’ve written a full article about what is affiliate marketing. I’ll recommend you go through it first to get the proper knowledge about it.
How to make money with Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is making other people interested in the product you’re promoting. If they make a purchase based on your recommendations, you’ll get a commission from the company. So, in order to make money, you have to be genuine and trustworthy.
To begin as an affiliate marketer, you should do some things properly. Let me discuss them –
- Open Your Own Website: This is the first step. You can open a WordPress website for as low as 4$ per month. Without a website, you don’t have a platform. It’s a must thing that can bring passive income for your future.
- Join An Affiliate Program: Lots of big companies have an affiliate program. You can directly contact them and start working based on commissions.
- Be Genuine: If your reviews of a product aren’t genuine, people will lose interest very soon. So choose your niche/subject carefully. Don’t review a product that you’re not personally interested in it, or haven’t used before. Try and use the products if you can.
- Write Content: A piece of good content make interest’s people in a product. Try to be as informative and to-the-point as possible.
- Choose Your Audience: Figure out what kind of content you’re comfortable writing about. Because whatever content you write, it’ll only interest a certain group of people. Determine who your audience will be. Stick with that, and eventually, your audience will grow.
- SEO Research: SEO has a big influence on whether you’ll be a success or not. Look for low competition keywords with a decent number of monthly searches. Use KWFinder to find keywords, and use them properly to boost your visibility to Google.
- Build the Traffic: If no one is reading your content, you’ll have no one to sell to, and therefore, won’t earn anything yourself. Use content marketing for initially giving your website or blog a boost. As time passes, you’ll see organic traffic from Google, which is very important for an affiliate marketer. Organic traffic can generate sales for years.
- Google Analytics: If you’re writing content on your site, you must know which content is proving more popular and which are not. Based on this information, you can write more contents on that topic. Install Google Analytics on your computer, and check it at least twice a month to see significant changes. See what the viewers are favoring. That could help you channel more traffic to your products.
- Be Patient: Most affiliate marketers don’t see any success overnight, and soon quit. That is the wrong move. If you want to earn money in this field, you have to be patient.
How Much Money Can You Make with Affiliate Marketing?
The answer is, there is no definite number. You may earn 100$ per month in a year, or you might end up earning 10000$ per month in a year. It all comes down to how much traffic you’re generating through your content, and how much sales are being made from those directions.
Again it is true that, so far most newly affiliate marketers try hard but are not able to earn more than 500 dollar a month.
So, there are no limits to this thing. If you’re really good and do your work in a proper manner, you’ll start to see results in a couple of months. If you’re lazy and inconsistent, you won’t make any significant money, even if you’re in the business for 5 years.
How Long Does It Take to Become Successful?
It varies from people to people. That’s as simple as it can get. If you’re enthusiastic and smart enough, you’ll start to generate revenues in 3-4 months, although it took me 6 months. Most people see significant income after 1 year.
The key is consistency, added with quality content. There are many affiliate marketers in the US alone, who have made more than $100K in just 2-3 years, with nothing but a laptop.
But it was not an easy journey for them. Proper time is required for the development of any business. The more effort you put into your business, the faster you will get results.
So, affiliate marketing is the same business method that can bring passive income for your future. Also it will give you the opportunity to build it as your career.
An accurate knowledge of affiliate marketing can save you time in getting results quickly. Remember, you need more than luck to succeed in affiliate business. So keep faith on your hard work and step ahead.
Can Affiliate Marketing Make You Rich?
At this point in the article, you should know the answer by now. If you haven’t had time to read it, my answer is – yes. If you’re enthusiastic and hard-working, there is a very good chance that you will succeed.
Making passive income from affiliate marketing might not be very easy but not impossible. There is very little input and you literally don’t need anything to start this business. All you need to do is find your comfort zone and work from there.
Also note that this is not a quick enrichment scheme. You’ve probably seen some instant gurus tell you about quick money with affiliate marketing. I see that most of them are trying to sell their courses with some greedy offers.
But if you are able to learn the correct knowledge of it, it will be a matter of time to catch the success. You can’t earn too much from it in the beginning. After adequate due diligence you will gradually see results.
The truth is, my life has changed completely by learning how to start affiliate marketing in an appropriate way. Get my #1 Recommendation to Make a Full-Time Income Online, CLICK HERE
Once you are able to set up a business platform with proper planning, no one can stop you from getting rich from this online business model.
A good affiliate site is a manageable asset. So, if you ever feel like you don’t want to continue with the business, or don’t have the time then you can also sell it anytime. You’ll earn a good amount from that also. It isn’t like a job where you quit and there’s no more money.
My advice to you is not to start this to get rich. Take your first steps and then plan ahead. Success will come to you automatically.
Affiliate marketing is a business. One that promises almost no risks and adequate profits. It’s not an instant money-making scheme. No one is conning you here, and neither are you. So, treat it like a business, and you’ll be rewarded in time.
These days it is not uncommon to get rich from affiliate marketing. Day by day ordinary people like you and me are getting regular success from it. If they can do it then why not you. Think
Now that you’ve gone through the whole article and I hope this article has answered your question “Can affiliate marketing make you rich?”.
I wish you all the very best for a successful future. Thanks for stopping by.